vrijdag 4 januari 2013

Unpinned: One Pound Cake

I am pinning away most of the days on Pinterest, but recently I got the feeling: "If you are only pinning, what is the purpose of Pinterest anyway compared to bookmarking?""

Ofcourse Pinterest is more organized with the boards you can make and the sharing you can do is a plus, but if you don't unpin what is the purpose of all your pins?

So, I will start a new regular feature on the blog. I've started with it already last week with making Christmas cookies, but not in seperate blogposts. I think it would be fun to regularly unpin a pin with whatever craft featured!

Today's "Unpinned" will be Pioneer Woman's One Pound cake which can also be found along with other unpinned recipes on my "Tried & tested - Cooking Recipes" board on my Pinterest wall.

After yesterday's news I had the urge to bake something and this pound cake made with Sprite (why on Earth?) was on my list to make someday. The recipe itself is very easy!

What I will do is not give you a replica of the recipe, but I thought it would be nice to give the metric version of the ingredients list. I always cook American recipes with Google answers next to me while measuring all the ingredients!

And what was the result?








A soft, slightly crumbly, slightly moist pound cake. Absolutely divine!!! I really recommend this recipe. I did substitute some ingredients so it is probably a bit different in taste than the original pound cake.

Here's what I used:

339 grams of soft butter (plantbased)
600 grams of sugar (I used 50 grams of normal sugar, 550 grams of light brown sugar)
5 medium eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla flavour
2 big teaspoons "Baukje citroenrasp" or lemon zest in English (I hope it is the same!)
375 grams of all purpose flour
250 ml Sprite

Here is the original recipe. The oven temperature in Celsius is 165 degrees.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Cream butter. Add sugar, 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing after each addition. Add butter and lemon extracts and mix well. Add flour, 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add soft drink, then mix together until combined. Scrape sides of bowl, then mix briefly.
Pour into a greased Bundt pan and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until the cake is no longer jiggly.
Remove cake from oven and invert pan until cake drops out. Slice and chow down!

Have fun with the recipe!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx