zaterdag 27 april 2013

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week Day 6: A Tool to Covet

Write about your favourite knitting or crochet (or spinning, etc) tool. It can either be a tool directly involved in your craft (knitting needles or crochet hook) or something that makes your craft more pleasurable – be it a special lamp, or stitch markers.

Is it an item that you would recommend to others, and if so for which applications/tasks do you think it is most suited. Conversely, do you have a tool/accessory that you regret buying? Why does it not work for you?
 Source: Eskimimi Makes

I think every knitter or crocheter has one.

This tool is a must for those of you, like me, need to put down a project very often to tend kids/pets/household etc and not get your project lost in the vast space of your house!

It also reflects the qualities of a Bee. Lots of projects going on that you need to keep track of, but also as you are buzzing your way through the day you need to keep things organized.

Meet the basket:


I think most of you knitters or crocheters do the same as me:

A basket in the neighbourhood of your favorite sitting place and in arm's reach to plop either your project in when you are done or pick it up if you have a few spare moments!


Here it is in its full glory! Just an ordinary shopping basket I bought once for a few euros. Stands up on its own, has nice depth and can be folded if not in use. I absolutely love it. I can pick it up easily, but it is a basket I really need to sort out every once in a while becuase loose things end up on the bottom and odds and ends all go into the basket (from projects I already finished).


This is how my basket looks normally. Lots of hook holders and zip locks with yarn!


Do you have one?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx