vrijdag 25 oktober 2013

How To Make a Back Post Double Crochet

 

So, I wanted to work more with structured stitches! And I had some lovely leftovers of cotton yarn.
For today's pattern I used the Back Post Double Crochet, or the BPDC as it is known. It creates a nice ridge and interesting colour play.
Here's a tutorial on how to make this stitch!
*Note: I made a mistake.... I accidentally skipped a dc on the side (you will see it in the last picture) but the steps are correct. The pattern itself is correct!*

 
Make a yarn over.

 
 Keep your hook at the back of your work and insert the hook from right back, around the post of the dc, to the left back.

 
This is what it looks like from the back of your work.

 
This is how it looks like at the right side of your work.

 Make a yarn over.

 
Pull through two loops.

 
Make a yarn over, and pull through the last two loops.

 
Here's what it should look like. The top loops of the cream rounds are facing to the front because of the tan round. And you can see my missed stitch :)

Have fun with the tutorial!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx